Saturday, August 6, 2011

Home, sweet home

Now that I am back in the United States, I have been doing lots of reflecting on my past experiences and how much I have learned from the different cultures. Some things I recently appreciate:

1. Being able to throw toilet paper in the toilet
2. Hot water
3. Clean drinking water; as well as ice.
4. My washing machine and dryer
5. Cheese

That's all of the silly little things I can think of but what I really appreciate most of all is how fortunate I am and how many different opportunities have been presented to me in my life. My family loves me very much and I am very lucky to have them.

After reading this blog, if you would like to donate to Light and Leadership Initiative, I would be very grateful. It does go to a great cause and all of the money goes towards bettering our programs in Huaycan. The website is http://www.lightandleadership.org/. I am considering going back and doing more volunteering there and it is a very special organization to me!

I may continue blogging, so check back. I am going to San Francisco this week, summer travels will continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment