Tuesday, June 21, 2011

No te veo

Hola todos!

Huaycan alto has been the same as always, teaching english on the daily, doing lots of tutoring etc.

Like I wrote to you last time about my student's dad cutting her hair off, it has happened to two more of our students. Apparently, hairdressers are offering 100-150 soles for nice long hair...which is just so sad. They leave the poor little girls looking like little boys with choppy, uneven haircuts. :/

This past Saturday the 6-9 year old groups went on a field trip to Huacapucllana in Lima to see Incan ruins. They absolutely loved it and even got to see the beach (which was a first for most of the kids).

For our volunteer excursion last week, we went to La Punta, a peninsula that is almost completely surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. This coastal city has incredible ceviche (traditional Peruvian raw fish dish). We laid out by the beach for a while and then went to Plaza San Miguel for some amazing Gelato...first time I ate ice cream the entire time I've been abroad believe it or not! After gelato, I met my friend Ale in Ovalo Miraflores (one of Lima's prime tourist spots. We ate dinner at a nice, organic, vegetarian restaurant. We went to a nice park in Miraflores and I went back to Huaycan the next day. It isn't safe to go back to Huaycan at night by yourself...I don't live in the greatest of areas haha.

This is a picture of the ceviche! :)

That's all for now, but I will try and write Friday after my days off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment