Saturday, June 4, 2011

Tchau Brazil, Hola Peru!


Its really sad to say goodbye to such a good experience. I had so much fun and met so many great people.

Wednesday we went to Corcorvado, the huge Jesus Christ statue that can be seen from all over Rio, on the top of the mountain. It was so cloudy unfortunately and we couldnt even get a good picture! After that though, we went to a great lookout point where you can get a panorama of the city. We then ate lunch in Santa Teresa, a really historical part of Rio. It was really interesting because if you looked up you would see a favela, and if you looked to your left, you would see a castle from a noble family in Brazil. Social class segmentation in Brazil is crazy. We also went to a staircase that was completely mosaic(ed) by a brazilian artist. I posted a picture of it, I thought it was absolutely beautiful!

Thursday night was pretty crazy...we went out to a bar in Leblon and met my favorite professora-Jama there. We also met Ana, for the meninos (Blake and Davis) it was their last night in Rio! We drank a lot at this bar...we all had a lot of fun. Me, Blake, Paola, Jessica, and Juan ended up going to Ghavia afterwards and wondering around in the streets because there was a street party.

Friday we woke up early and had a farewell brunch at IBEU, received our final grades, and got our certificates of completion! After this, we all went to the beach and hung out for a little. Soon after, I took the onibus all by myself and met Priscila for lunch. I went home, packed my bag, ate an acai...which is an amazing smoothie type drink they have in Brazil, and ate dinner with my family. I'm going to miss them so much!

I went out to Lapa with Priscila and her cousin friday night. It was really fun, Lapa is unlike anything I have ever experienced. People drink in the street, its actually amazing. I didn't go to sleep. I got back to the apartment at 3:30am and immediately left for the airport to catch my 6am flight. Luckily though, I slept all 5.5 hours on the airplane to Peru, so i'm all rested! I must admit though, I did shed a tear or two when I was saying goodbye to my host family. I loved them!

I really like it here in Peru! I will write a blog post as soon as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment