Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Nossa!!!!!!!!

Thursday night, Nini made pasta with Sardines. You all know how i feel about sardines. How many traumatizing sardine experiences must I live through? Dear god...its me Jessie, HELPPP.

Friday we all went to Copacabana and hung out at my friend from the planes apartment (Sandra). We had originally planned to go out after drinking a few beers there but time flew by and it was already really late by the time we were ready to go out!

Saturday morning I woke up at 10:45...so nice to finally sleep in! I took a walk along the beach because everyone in my house was still sleeping. Unfortunately it started raining while I was on my walk so I had to cut it short! I decided to see Hangover 2 in theatres since it was raining. In portuguese, the movie is called "Se beber nao case"...this means- if you drink you dont get married...whats up with that? I met up with Civel, Jessica, and her friend Gabe. Hangover 2 was luckily in english with portuguese subtitles. Needless to say I learned lots of curse words in portuguese during this movie! Later that night I met up with Priscila in Lapa (best nightlife in Rio) and we had pizza and went to a bar/discoteka. The bar was pretty cool, it was a really good mix of people...gay straight etc. I learned how to dance samba this night, so that was really exciting! We stayed at the club until really late!

Sunday Paola came over and met my host-family. Avo (grandpa) picked us up in his car and took us to the yacht club (he has a sail boat). Me, Paola, avo, his girlfriend, and Andrea (minha prima) went for the trip. Unfortunately, the waves were huge (ressaca) and we could not go out on the sail boat. Instead, avo took us on a passeo (sight-seeing). We went to fortaleza de santa cruz de barra; a military naval fort. So cool! After that, we went to lunch at this fish place: I had yet another confrontation with the little fish because as all of you loyal blog followers know, I DO NOT LIKE SARDINES AT ALL, I DO NOT LIKE THEM JESSIE I AM. Anyhow, I ate one and practically made myself puke...well not actually.

After lunch, we went to Niteroi..a really cool helicopter landing lookout point! Theres lots of pictures on facebook! When we came home, me, Paola, and Andrea went to the hippie fair for a little!

Later that night I met up with Priscila and went to a really cool bar called ZeroZero. Theres an indoor and outdoor part. The outdoor part has a sushi bar, drinks bar, lounging areas etc. The inside is a dance floor and another bar. It was pretty cool for a sunday night!

Monday I skipped class...we decided to celebrate memorial day and we all hit up the beach for most of the day! Always a good time.

Tuesday was Blakes 21st birthday so we all went out to Lord Jims Pub to celebrate. We also had a business visit today to Comlurb (the trash service for Rio)...it wasnt very interesting but they definitely do a lot to try and be eco-friendly! Downtown Rio is sweeped 6 times a day...how crazy is that?

Today (Wednesday) we all took our final portuguese exam...we all passed so thats good news! Today we are going to see Corcorvado, the christ statue on a jeep tour, so thats going to be awesome-afterwards Santa Teresa! Im excited to get so many jesus christo pictures, should be a blasty-blast.

Tchau meninos!

No comments:

Post a Comment