Tuesday, June 21, 2011

So it's been a good week, up to today. This morning I woke up, threw up three times and felt like shit the rest of the day. At first, I thought I had a stomach virus...but I honestly think it was the slice of coffee cake I ate last night. I bought it from a little Bakery down the street. I'm feeling a lot better today but I slept the majority of the day away. Well that's the only downfall I've experienced so far...so its pretty good that I just had a 24 hour bug type of thing!

Highlights of last week:
1. I saw my first Incan Ruins at Pachacamac (Right outside of Lima)
2. Saw a movie in Larco Mar.
3. Taught my kids how to sing "Miss Mary Mack"
4. Taught a woman how to write her name in Spanish literacy class

Today is my roommate Glady's 23rd birthday! We are all going into Lima to go to a club to celebrate! So excited! Tomorrow her Aunt is making us a big lunch and then we are going to spend the rest of the day in Lima! Yay for days off!

In Huaycan, us gringas constantly get whistled at and cat-called. It's starting to get on my nerves. Just yesterday I was wearing baggy jeans, my usual black beanie and fleece zip up (It was cold out) and I still got whistled at. What is wrong with the world. My self-confidence will be through the roof by the time I get back to the states...but wait, men are respectful there.

Don't have much time! Off to teach! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment