Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dia de Mae


Here's a picture of me and Bruna (my little sister in Brazil!)

Literally, this house is always full of women…it’s actually pretty funny.
Yesterday, Alessandra took me out to a late lunch (around 3pm). We ate at a natural buffet. They have a lot of these in Rio, everything is organic. It was really good and healthy. According to her, all of the cariocas (people from Rio De Janiero) have an obsession of being thin. After eating, we took a walk along the beach.
I napped and went to bed early because I was so exhausted from traveling all day. Camila and Chia (Camila’s mother) were watching novelas when I went to sleep, and they were still here when I woke up this morning. There are always visitors in this house.
For breakfast we ate bread with a white cheese, which Camila said was very good for your figure…and melon. Alessandra said Brazilians eat French bread because of how soft it is.
Today we (Alessandra, Bruna, Chia, and I) walked to the beach, we live 2 streets down from it-so convenient! We walked up and down the strip in Ipanema and there were huge ondas (waves). Alessandra told me I must take pictures because the ocean is never like this.
Since its mother’s day, we had lunch with Alessandra’s mother and aunt came to have lunch. We went out to a nice restaurant (they made me wear a dress) and then we walked around the hippie fest. Every Sunday there is a hippie type fair in Ipanema which is a whole bunch of vendors (jewelry, art, crafts)…don’t worry, I bought some souvenirs for you guys at home.
I uploaded photos from the beach today on facebook!  Tchau

No comments:

Post a Comment