Monday, May 9, 2011

Portuguese?

Communication issues:Right now I’m the only one home except for the maid. Unfortunately, I tried to talk with her about what time I should eat dinner, but she didn’t understand what I said. I attempted speaking for at least 5 minutes. I feel very stupid after a two hour Portuguese lesson this morning. Last night Bruna had me read her bedtime stories but i couldn't pronounce all of the words right. Good thing the five year old can correct me! We also played barbies last night, long time favorite around the world.

Old lady alert:There are 12 of us, including myself on the “UF in Rio” program. One of my classmates sticks out to all of us however. Her name is Lori, and she speaks Portuguese very well. This could be attributed to the fact that she’s probably nearing SIXTY years old. I really hope she isn’t reading this blog, but I had to tell someone because I just don’t understand who the hell goes on a study abroad program at 50 something years old, aren’t you supposed to be entering a retirement community by then? It just makes things very awkward…like we have a chaperone or something. #STRANGE

Hot topicz:I have a crush on my teacher. Whats new? Her name is Jamaina, and she has the best smile, we all know that won’t happen-she’s thirty, and my teacher…but I can dream.

Fingernails:In Rio, every respectable woman has a nice manicure and pedicure. Last night, Alessandra made me take off my left over nail polish because she said I’m not going to meet a nice boy with nails like that…oh well. She also told me that she had a guy “friend” that cared about no aspect of her except for one thing, her nails. She always had to have them painted red for him, how ridiculous is that? Never would I do something like that!

Going out tonight, Tchau!

No comments:

Post a Comment